1. If you eat sweets while you are out, but can't brush your teeth, you can swish water to dilute the sugar. This will lower sugar sensitivity and reduce the risk of a cavity.
2. Chew sugarless gum containing xylitol (pronounced zy-litol). Research indicates those who chew sugarless gum with xylitol gum have less cavities and plaque is easier to remove when brushing.
3. To improve bad breath use a tongue scraper in the morning and drink more water.
4. Eating apples and other firm or crisp foods can help cleanse your teeth after a meal.
5. Replace your toothbrush every three months and keep it 6 feet from the toilet.